Table of Contents
AE 100 Library Assignment
The attached document is the assignment to be completed for this class. Please open the attached document and answer the 12 questions as you go through the guide. Questions in the assignment are also listed in the guide.
These questions are designed to:
- Aquaint you with important library services
- Provide you with an opportunity to use important databases
- Prepare you for conducting library research for future AE/CVE/CM projects
Welcome to the AE-100 Tutorial. This tutorial features an orientation component to help you become more familiar with the library. The AE/CM component is geared toward addressing the research needs of MSOE's Architectrual Engineering and Construction Management majors.
Objectives of the AE-100 Tutorial
To acquaint you with the library's layout, a brief overview and orientation of the library will inform you of:
- Various areas of the library
- Equipment available for student use
- Organization of and access to our collections
- Services and resources offered through the library
In preparation for your design project, you will need to be aware of:
- strategies for finding the information you want
- any relevant standards
- applicable government rules and regulations
- pertinent architectural design guidelines
- available manufacturers' catalogs
- relevant specifications sheets
This tutorial will help you identify and locate this information.